Well, I had made two of it which is one rounded shape and another one rectangular shape. It is about 6-8 peoples serving. Quite a lot right. And there’s only 4 of us eating this including myself, husband, mother-in-law and brother-in-law.
Here’s the closed-up view for the rounded Shepherd Pie. It looks well-baked.And I’m so proud of myself. Hehe. Alhamdulillah for this little achievement. I should have myself a small round of applause. ;P
Another closed-up view for the rectangular one.
I sliced one part of it just to see the view inside. It’s actually a meatless Shepherd Pie. I’ll try another recipe next time for sure! 😉
The last piece of it.
I actually modified the recipe from the original one because there’s no meat in my house and I’m lazy enough to go out.
So here’s the recipe.
- Fresh milk
- A packet of mixed vegetables
- 1/2 head of cauliflower
- Cheddar cheese
- Plain flour
- Peel and quarter potatoes, boil in salted water until tender.
- While waiting for the potatoes, heat butter in the skillet and put in minced onions and garlic. Then, add in the mixed vegetables and boiled cauliflower. Then, salt and pepper. You can also add in other herbs if you want. I add some dried oregano.
- After the potatoes is cooked, smashed it with butter, pepper,and fresh milk. That’s all for the potatoes. Leave it aside.
- Now for the cheese sauce: Melt the butter in a saucepan. Stir in the flour and cook for few minutes only. Then gradually stir in the milk and bring to the boil. Simmer gently for about 8-10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. And lastly stir in cheese and allow it to melt.
- Next, place the vegetables in a baking dish and slowly pour the cheese sauce on it.
- Then, distribute the mashed potatoes on top nicely. Then you can rub the melted butter on the mashed potatoes.
- Baked it at 200 degree oven for 20-30 minutes .
Okay, now I’m done with the recipe. For meat lovers, you may google for a different recipe. There’s a lot of the Shepherd Pie recipe in the internet! All the best! 😉
Peace out 🙂